Friday, June 3, 2011

One More Week of School!

              I cannot wait for summer. Next week is my last full week of school, and then I have to go to school Monday and Tuesday the week after that. Summer vacation is so close I can taste it, and I can hardly wait for school to be done with.

              Unfortunately next week is going to be hell week. I have tons of final exams I have to plow through right up until the last day of school! I don't enjoy finals at all. How are you even supposed to study for a final in the first place? There is a reason I am in school for the majority of the year. To learn. Now at the end of the year I'm given a test on all the stuff we have learned since day one. I'm not complaining but, how can you expect anyone to do really well on a final?

             Anyway, Track season ended yesterday and I am very glad. I'm supposed to be at a track barbecue right now, but I decided staying as far away from track would be fine too. I had a pretty successful track season . This year for sports I did varsity cross country and track. I learned that track is a lot harder and more competitive than cross country is. I definitely enjoy cross country a lot more than track but, I think I'll be doing track again next year.

             I just finished reading another great book; The Da Vinci Code was a very good read. After reading it I can understand why it stirred up so much trouble in the Christian and Catholic communities. The book was a little offensive towards all God worshiping religions. The book was fiction however, there were many facts in the book. I definitely learned a lot. The Da Vinci Code proposed a very interesting theory. This theory was that Jesus was married to a woman named Mary Magdalene. Mary Magdalene was one of Jesus' favorite disciples. The theory claimed that Jesus was married to her, and they had a child together. This child was the vessel of the Holy Grail. The book was very interesting, and it is a MUST read for anyone.

           As for this weekend I think I'm going to take a break. I'm going to read Dan Brown's Angels&Demons, study, take a long run, swim, and enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment