Thursday, June 23, 2011

Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

Alright, I am in love with Dan Brown books. After I read the Da Vinci Code I can't stop. If you have never read a Dan Brown book, I highly recommend them. Be warned however, once you pick them up, you can't put them down.

I just finished reading Digital Fortress this afternoon. Digital Fortress had a slow start, but it definitely picked up the pace midway through the book. Before I knew it, I couldn't put it down!

Digital Fortress is about Susan Fletcher, one of the best code breakers at NSA (National Security Association). She supervises the code breaking machine TRANSLTR that can break even the most complicated codes in less than 3 hours. She is called in to work on a Saturday when TRANSLTR has been trying to break a code "Digital Fortress" for more than 12 hours. While she is working her fiancé is in Spain desperately trying to locate a special ring. This ring has the code engraved on it that will break the encryption program "Digital Fortress". While in Spain her fiancé realizes that someone is trying to keep the ring away from the NSA. The story that follows is a roller coaster ride of thrills that will keep you reading.

Definitely check this book out if you are into computers, programming, tech stuff etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment