Friday, May 20, 2011

Water for Elephants, an amazing movie!

Just got home from seeing Water for Elephants! I was planning on reading the book before I saw the movie, but unfortunately I never got around to doing that. I think I would've liked the book better than the movie. Most of the time books ARE better than the actual movie is.

The movie took place in the 1920s during the depression era. A veterinary student (Jacob Jankowski) about to graduate from Cornell University, when he receives the news that his parents had been killed in a car accident. He leaves short of school when he finds out that his father is deeply in debt. His dad had been spending a lot of money on his education. Jacob immediately packs his possessions and leaves home. He ends up hoping a train that belongs to a circus show knows as The Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth.

He ends up working for the circus, and meets the head-trainer August and his wife, Marlena. Jacob ends up falling in love with Marlena. I can't tell you about the rest of the movie because if I did, I would spoil it for you.

Overall it was a really good movie. I just wished that they had picked different people the play the rolls of Jacob Jankowski (Robert Pattinson) and Marlena (Reese Witherspoon).

Photos from my Holga camera are coming in on Monday for the first time! I'm really excited, and I can't wait to upload them to the blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment